HIGH FALLS PARK
In DeKalb County, Alabama
High Falls is located on town creek in DeKalb County Alabama near the town of Geraldine.
Though the 20 acres surrounding high falls was only bought in the early 1980ís the location
has been a meeting point for locals for events, picnics, parties, and even baptisms since the 1800ís.
The bridge that crosses town creek above the falls was built in 1923 and was a beautiful
covered wooden bridge that was used to cross the creek to get to Marshall County that would at
times get to high to cross. The original bridge was burnt down by vandals and wasnít rebuilt until 1998
when the park rebuilt the bridge for foot traffic using the original stone pillars.